Monday, April 23, 2007

When is an ex-Presidential Candidate a DJ? uhhh...Never.

Last night on my way home from work I heard ex-Senator Bill Bradley, whom I would have voted for for president if he would have stuck around that long, DJ-ing a radio show on Sirius Radio.

And calling it the Senator Bradley show didn't help, nor did his self-consciously eclectic song selection, meant to highlight the goodness of America. There was something about the juxtaposition of Bill Bradley, Arlo Guthrie, and Gloria Gaynor that made the experience feel like a Saturday Night Live sketch. I guess when you're an ex-Senator, you can do whatever the hell you want, but he sounded distinctly uncomfortable and wooden...which makes me uncomfortable, since I'm acutely sensitive to situations in which the protagonist ought to feel like an ass, but is too thickheaded to realize it.

Not that that happens to me.

So I already don't love Sirius Radio on Sunday nights because they insist on playing Jazz Profiles on both NPR stations. This accidental exposure to catching one of my political heroes metaphorically playing with himself will certainly clinch my aversion to Sunday night Sirius. I'm going to have to remember to carry more CDs in the truck to avoid trauma like this in the future.

No comments: