Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Had a Dreamsicle...

I slept in this morning...like, forever...which is always a surprise to us insomniacs. I'm glad I did, though, because it gave me time to have an odd dream that stuck with me.

I dreamed that Lori and I were walking through a huge building, down a long, wide hallway. It had lots of turns and corners, and around each corner was something odd and unexpected. Sometimes it was cool little shops or people we were excited to see. Sometimes it was people we weren't excited to see, and scary places we didn't want to go.

Well, okay. Can you get any more Freudian than that?

I've been thinking about it all day. How good and safe it felt to be walking with someone I love and trust on an unknown journey. During the three years we've been together, we've had some major stuff to struggle through, but we've stuck together and the payoff has been some nifty, unexpected surprises. We've both gotten braver by taking risks that have turned out well for us. I guess that's the thing to remember. Acknowledge the bad stuff, but remember to appreciate the good stuff...and stick together.

Oh...and then I dreamed we had fantastic sex. I think I'm ovulating. Life is good. :-)

No comments: