Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Where We're At On May Day

I thought I should blog because it's been two days and in dog years, it's been like...even longer. So here's where we're at:
The crappy truck project is coming along swimmingly. It barely looks like something the Beverly Hillbillies would drive anymore. In fact, since the light is showing at the end of this particular tunnel, I've been trolling eBay for a new crappy vehicle to work on. I've been looking at Jeeps a lot, so maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something, like no one really needs two kidneys and maybe I should bounce one out through my nose and leave it on a dirt road somewhere.

Also, we have a disturbing lack of cats here right now, since we finally bit the bullet and had our young ones declawed today. I hated to disturb their project of tearing everything we own into two inch strips, but I thought Lori might be less inclined to lynch them from the limb of the big maple tree in the backyard this way.

Personally, I'm fond of two inch strips, but you know how girls can be...

Umm...Carrie is three weeks away from her big move (eeeek!!), which means I have to get my ass in gear at approximately the same rate she does, so she'll actually have a place to sleep and a crappy truck to drive, like ta'other yung'uns.

So ...that's pretty much what we've got going on. Tomorrow, instead of fulfilling my blogging obligations, I'll be outside grinding another acre or so of rust off the crappy pickup du jour. That is...if I don't fall off it again. Not that I've done that, since that would be very dumb and un-butchly. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: