Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Things I Noticed While Traveling

We got home last night at around 8pm and I haven't digested the trip enough to blog about it, but here are some things I noticed, in no particular order:

I love my family. When I don't see them all for a while, I forget how much I love them, but after spending time with my daughters, my son, my partner, and my ex-husband in various combinations and permutations lately, I can't stop thinging about how lucky I am to have them all in my life.

There are a lot of empty, abandoned houses in America. Everytime I pass one, I wonder what happened to the people who used to live in it.

Every state has it's own distinct beauty, but Arkansas is chock full of assholes and their unpleasant personalities detract mightily from the beauty of the state. Oh, and they drive like crap, too. Who ever taught them all that the correct thing to do at the end of a merging ramp is to stop and contemplate the situation...then make a run for it?

Cats make excellent travelling companions, as long as you don't try to crate them.

Coming home to the person who loves you and seeing her face light up when you pull up into the driveway is one of the sweetest feelings in the world.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens that is over...welcome back Ev; glad you made it through Texas with the fuzz still on your butt and twice too! Alright, Kwach; you can kill her now she's safe. :o)

Ev said...

I resent that! I don't have butt fuzz! Maybe a little hair on my lower back, but it stops well before my butt.

Ha.

Ev

Anonymous said...

glad you're home safe & sound!

Kwach said...

"Alright, Kwach; you can kill her now she's safe."

That reminds me of a funny story.

When my sister and I were about 10 and 15 respectively, my parents went to a car race in Phoenix for some weird reason. They'd never gone to one before, and never did again, but they went that one time with another couple and left us home alone in Tucson, 100 miles away.

It got way too late and we got scared. We turned on the news and heard that a car had gone into the stands at the race ... lots of people hurt and several dead. My sister and I, who loathed each other, cried and hugged and bonded and swore a lifetime of sisterly devotion in the face of our new orphanhood.

About that time my parents came home.

We hugged them, we cried, we were joyful ... and then we chewed them out like hell for not calling.

: )

Kwach

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ev.It was sweet watching Lori miss you so. Going to thank you girls here for that lovely eulogy you gave me:)Now off to that "space" where there is only one Rupert Murdock to deal with.lol Your most devoted minion. :Diane aka BushRod Gentry

Suzanne said...

I couldn't agree with you more about family. My whole family lives in IL and IA, and every time I see them, it's great. For a few days anyway. Then I remember why I moved to NYC. Glad that your family makes you feel good.

:)