Monday, April 21, 2008

Corrections and Stuff

Ev informed me last night that "You Win Again" is not one of the Five Greatest Songs Ever Written. It's one of the Greatest Breakup Songs Ever Written, which is a whole different category of songs. I missed "One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash. This egregious error has been corrected.

She also pointed out that I have six songs on my Five Worst Songs Ever Written list. I can't decide whether to change the title or drop a song. Maybe I'll just leave it hanging out there like that, because I can't imagine which of those songs I'd take off the list, and if I just say Worst Songs Ever Written I won't stop before I fill the 100 slot playlist. I'm already missing "Feelings" and "Ben."


Speaking of "Ben," we sat here last night watching YouTube videos. We started with the Pips, then moved on to the O'Jays and the Temptations, and from there it was a short hop to the Jackson Five, where we reminisced about what how handsome Michael Jackson used to be and watched "Thriller." Fun!





Somehow we sequed briefly to David Cassidy (who bears a striking resemblance to my first girlfriend, and may have actually been my first crush on a soft butch tomboy) and Bobby Sherman's choker.



















Ev and You Tube are just about my favorite things that have happened on the Internet.

Kwach

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Well hell, I wouldn't even know where to start, much less narrow it down to 6 songs for a five song list. I am suitably impressed.

Kwach said...

We've always threatened to burn a CD of maudlin, horrible songs for the humor factor on long car trips, and it's a toss-up whether "Wildfire" or "Shannon" should top the list.

Who the hell writes a song about a dog swimming away to doggie heaven?????

Cedar said...

Shiloh when I was young, I use to call your name, when no one else would come, Shiloh you always came.


Ah, we know a guy here in Seattle named Shiloh...I have never had the nerve to ask him where his parents came up with his name.

Kwach said...

OMG, that's another one! Maybe Shannon and Shiloh swam off together, ya think??

lolol