Friday, June 15, 2007

Another Day, Another Sack of Kitty Litter

I got up this morning and made my usual rounds of all my favorite blogs, and then complained that no one's blogging. And Lori said, "Isn't that what they're saying about us?"

Oh, yeah, Ms. Hairsplitter. Go ahead and split those hairs.

So I still don't have any brilliant blogging plans, but here's what's going on in our lives:

Carrie came to visit me in the lab last night and happened to arrive while I was doing a semen analysis. She declared that it was a weird job I have, and, after looking at the furiously swimming sperm under the microscope, swore to come directly home and break up with her boyfriend. Apparently she recovered from her trauma, since he was still here when I got home.

Cuppy, our distinctly bald cat with the unattractive phlegm problem, decided to add another dimension of depth to her unsightly appearance by developing a oozing, pus-filled eye ulcer this week. Currently her entire head is gently oozing yellowish-greening gluey stuff. But she's a trooper. As Carrie and I were schlepping her off to the vet yesterday, she purred a wheezy little purr...and then sneezed.

The vet assured us that she would recover from this latest indignity and live a long, boogery life.

Katie has her tickets for next week's trip to Tucson. She's scored big in a couple of ways: she's going just in time to avoid helping us move, while she's gone I'm going to work on her car some more, and she gets a month off work.

However WE'VE scored big too. We'll be moving into a new house with no kids, so we get to jump back on the sex wagon as loudly as we want without anyone suffering any "ewwww" trauma.

Today is Lori and my day off and we're planning to do...something. I don't know what, but the sun is shining, the weather is warm, and we've been good little health care professionals all week.

Maybe something blog-worthy will happen today, and then I'll blog about it tonight. Or maybe we'll go to Wal-Mart for kitty litter, pick up some groceries, pay a few bills, and set shit on fire in the yard like we always do.

Stay on the edge of your seat...

2 comments:

Kwach said...

I'm going to vote early and often for less chores and more sit-down dinner date. Think of it was a combination pre-move gathering of energy and an early dual birthday celebration, since we're going to be dog-ass tired on our actual birthdays (book-ended as the are around the moving of heavy furniture).

Steak and lobster anyone??

:)

Kwach

Kwach said...

Make that take-out Chinese and hourly eyedrops for the cat. It's almost the same thing, right?

Kwach