Thursday, May 07, 2009

Insomnia! It's Whats For Breakfast!

I went to be at 2 a.m. which is normal for me, and woke up at 5 a.m. which is NOT normal for me. The bed was comfy, Lori was (weirdly) snoring delicately in perfect sync with the bird outside the window (which was singing, btw...not snoring), and I was spinning like a top.

So now it's 10 a.m., I've been up for 5 hours and I have to go to work in three more, I've read the blogs, pestered everyone I can think of, lifted weights, sat on the porch with the dogs, sat on the porch without the dogs, and just for fun, tried to remember where everyone I know has moved to.

Finally, in desperation, I've returned to my long-neglected blog. Slunk back with my eye bags tucked between my legs (well, no...not really. Because if I could do THAT, I'd stop blogging and put that talent to good use.)

So in lieu of anything interesting to say, here are my thoughts:

1. Pickle is done growing, which means she'll always look like 6 different dogs welded together.

2. I'm proud of Maine and Iowa and New Hampshire for realizing that gay marriage won't hurt anyone except bigots, and they deserve to suffer anyway.

3. I spent a fun day with Lori yesterday, and I'm excited about the prospect of a week long vacation together.

4. I wish it would stop raining so I could get out and mow.

5. People you really like seem to drift away over time, but the crazies stick around forever.

6. I haven't seen my brother Daniel in 20 years, and I wonder about him all the time lately. I hope that doesn't mean something bad has happened.

7. I'm too wide awake to go back to sleep, but I'm too sleepy to get dressed and actually do something.

8. I'm worried about Katie, as usual. She's slowly recovering from her mono, while trying to rapidly get back to her life. Guess who's cooking up a little recipe for disaster flambe`?

So that's pretty much it, Friends, and Friends-We-Never-See (I'm talking to YOU, Hoosiers!). Today, Nowhere, IL is a profundity-free zone. Check your profundus at the door, pull on a pair of flannel jammie pants, and start staring out the window. Insomnia is in the house.

1 comment:

maynechik said...

sorry for your sleeplessness, but you certainly made good use of it--i love a puttery day now and then, and being sleepy makes it easier to function in slow motion.

you'll be seeing these two hoosiers in their natural habitat in july, yes? we're angling for a long weekend!