Friday, June 08, 2012

In Which the Kwachies Have Friends.

It appears that we've gone from lonely old friendless spinster ladies to in-demand social butterflies.  From Baby Jane and Greta Garbo to Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. We have several people who want to see us! In the same summer!











We've been invited to visit long lost friends in Oklahoma and a longtime Internet friend in St. Louis. I'm talking LONG TIME. Like we've been hanging out in the same chat rooms, message boards and Facebook timelines since the mid-90s, when cell phones came in bags and 64k was enough for anybody. How can you know somebody online for 20 years and never meet them? Especially when our original homes are less than two hours apart? It's the Interwebz, where corporeal friends are superfluous, at least for the first decade or so.

Yay for us! We have friends! WTF?!?

5 comments:

Tim said...

One of these days we're gonna get you to Philadelphia...

stephanie said...

That's not entirely true, Ev, KwachieCow and I have met, but you and I haven't yet had the pleasure of being in the same zip code. Which is super strange, since we hail from the same part of the world. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with you!!

Marlene said...

And NH!

Ev said...

After all our consistently successful meet-ups, I'm doubly eager to meet even more people from the old AOL days. I'm trying to think...have we met anyone I haven't loved? I don't think so. Apparently we have excellent taste in online friends.

Kwach said...

I was thinking about that myself. I can only think of one instance in which I chose poorly, and that was someone I actually knew in 3D but didn't know as well as I thought I did. In all other cases we chose the people we were warned against, and we were right every time! Smart girls!